Name's Barf. I'm a mog, half man half dog. I"m my own best friend.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

miracles and lessons learned

"Being human, we would expel from our lives physical pain and mental anguish and assure ourselves of continual ease and comfort, but if we were to close the doors upon sorrow and distress, we might be excluding our greatest friends and benefactors. Suffering can make saints of people as they learn patience, long-suffering, and self-mastery. …The sufferings of our Savior were part of his education."

Spencer W. Kimball

My grandmother is now part of the 20%. To read my aunt's post about it go here.
 
It's truly amazing what the Lord gives us so that we can learn.
Some people like to think that God doesn't give us trials. Based on this quote, I think he does sometimes, and he does it out of love. He obviously wants us to learn something from this life and we learn our best when we struggle. We learn from our mistakes. We learn from our trials. 

It's all in our attitude friends. If we choose to remember his love for us and his desire for our happiness and return to him, then we will be able to see the lesson in the labor. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear about your grandma and that she's such a trooper. That's fantastic :D Also, the quote and thoughts you shared are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete