Name's Barf. I'm a mog, half man half dog. I"m my own best friend.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011


I was lucky enough to spend the beginning 2011 in Pennsylvania with my best friend. It was so much fun and I am dying to go back! I wish I could just hop on a plane whenever I would like and just go wherever I want.

A lot of people are looking back and 2010 and forward into the new year. I guess this post makes me one of them. My new years "decisions" as my aunt Melinda has called them are not to lose a vast amount of weight or change my lifestyle completely. I have only one "decision": To be a better me.

I know it's a broad decision but I think focusing on being a better person spiritually and physically encompasses most of the goals everyone makes.

Spiritually, I would like to work on my relationship with my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I am hoping to go through the temple someday whether it will be for a mission or because I am getting married. Either way I would like to be 100% ready for that most spiritual time in my life.

I am also deciding to take the Sacrament more seriously. In my institute class last semester we learned about the sacredness of the Sacrament and how it is an ordinance not just something that we do as a routine. I am deciding to study it out and better understand the meaning of it for me.

Physically, I would like to eat better. I eat pretty good normally but I love to go out to eat and I love cheeseburgers. I am deciding to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my meals and actually eating full meals.

My last decision is to respect my body. Heavenly Father has given me this body to hold my spirit and I need to be more grateful for it. I am deciding to respect it by eating better and to find peace with what I have. No more looking in the mirror and saying "ew" and no more joking around about how much I weigh. It doesn't matter how much I weigh but that I am healthy and happy with who I am and what I have.

That sounds easy enough for me to do this year. I think if we all really sat down to write down what we want ourselves to be we will find that we want more to be happy than anything else.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment